KELAIDE brand hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC) is a natural polymer material cellulose as raw material. Non-ionic cellulose ether made by a series of chemical processing. It is an odorless, tasteless and non-toxic white to off-white powder or granule. It can be dissolved in cold water to form a transparent, viscous solution. It has thickening. Adhesion, dispersion, emulsification, film formation, suspension, adsorption, surface activity, salt resistance, moisture retention and protective colloid. KELAIDE brand hydroxyethyl cellulose (HEC) can be used in construction materials, coating industry, petrochemical industry, synthetic resin, ceramic industry, medicine, food, textile, agriculture, cosmetics, tobacco, ink, papermaking and other industries.
Technical Data sheet
*1. HEC soluble cold or hot water, no precipitation under high temperature or boiling. This gives it a wide range of solubility and viscosity characteristics. That is non-thermogel proprety.
*2. Non-ionic type can coexist with a wide range of other water-soluble polymers, surfactants and salts. It is an excellent colloidal thickener containing a high concentration of electrolyte solution.
*3. It has twice the water retention capacity than methyl cellulose. It has good flow regulation.
*4. The product is stable and mildew proof. And make the coating have a better can open reaction, and have good leveling performance during construction.
Note:The model of HEC is represented by RT-6000, 6000 means nominal viscosity. The surface treated model is RT-6000S.
Physical and chemical properties:
white or light yellow powder；odorless, tasteless and easy to flow.
Softening temperature: 135-140℃
Surface density: 0.35-0.61 g/ml
Decomposition temperature: 205-210 ℃
Slower burning speed
Balanced moisture content: 23 ℃
6% at 50% rh; 29% at 84% rh
It is soluble in both cold and hot water and is generally insoluble in most organic solvents. The viscosity change is small within the range of pH 2-12, but the viscosity decreases beyond this range. The surface-treated HEC disperses and does not agglomerate in cold water, but the dissolution rate is slow, and it usually takes about 30 minutes. It can be dissolved quickly by heating or lowering the pH to 8-12.
1. For water-based latex coatings: It can significantly improve thickening and leveling performance.
2. For Oil drilling: It can improve mud carrying capacity during drilling, and prevent a large amount of water from entering the oil layer from the mud, and stabilize the oil layer production capacity.
3. For building construction and building materials: HEC is an effective thickener and binder for cement slurry and mortar. It can improve the fluidity and construction performance of the mortar, and prolong the water evaporation time, and increase the initial cracks of the concrete. It used for painting gypsum, bonding gypsum, gypsum putty can significantly improve its water retention and bonding strength.
4. For toothpaste: HEC can guarantee the stability of toothpaste paste due to its strong salt resistance and acid resistance. In addition, the toothpaste is not easy to dry due to its high water retention and emulsifying ability.
5. For water-based ink, HEC can make the ink dry quickly and not penetrate.
6.HEC is widely used in textile printing and dyeing, papermaking, and daily chemicals.
Steps and methods of making solution:
1. Add a prescribed amount of clean water to the container.
2. If hydroxyethyl cellulose is stirred at low speed, stir until all materials are completely wet.
3. Add other ingredients of the formula and stir well.
4. The surface-treated HEC will form a viscosity in about 30 minutes after dispersing it in water. Or after the material is completely wet, add alkali or ammonia water to adjust the pH between 8 and 10 to form a viscosity.
The company introduced a large-scale automated production line from Germany, specializing in the production of redispersible polymer powder, hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, and polycarboxylic acid water reducer.